Using AT to create family trees?

I’m working on a memoir about my Dad’s passion for cooking, writing in Scrivener and AT to generate the timeline. I’m trying to figure out if I can use AT to produce a set of family trees.

The first chapter explores ‘where he came from’ in Scotland. The four branches of Dad’s family tree have some intriguing connections and crossed paths which are hard to see in Ancestry. Character and event notes in AT link to news clippings, etc., that show those paths.

In AT, I’ve recorded each main family member as a charter with their birth/death/marriage dates, linked parent to child/grandparent/grandchild relationships upon birth, then made events in the timeline for each connection point, with tags for locations, too. The four branches of the family are in four character groups.

But aside from viewing them all in one sprawling, 6-generation relationship chart, I’ve not stumbled on a good way to make them into a set of trees feeding down to my Dad. Very grateful for any suggestions you might have – I’m relatively new to Timeline but very willing to give it a go!

1 Like

I’ve posted a response to the same post here.

If you haven’t already, it might be helpful to explore Mindmap View (Mindmap View (Desktop) - Aeon Timeline 3 Knowledge Base), which could be useful to you. The Wuthering Heights example timeline has a Mindmap showing the relationships between characters as an example.

1 Like