Add the year at the beginning of Medium and Long dates

As many of us are using fantasy/unique calanders, the dates and names are often not quite the same. I wanted to have my day-of-the-week and months name in my display, but if I sync that to Scrivener I can’t order things by date, since it just orders things by alphabet instead. The Short form allows the year to be first, which helps, but then I can’t put in the names either. Maybe let us put names last so it’s more like:

Full Year / Month / Day - DayOfTheWeek (Month)

1 Like

I think generally more freedom on the user end on how dates are displayed in general would be useful.
I made a similar request at one point because I wanted to display just the day of the year (like March 20, 2024 listed as 2024 - Day 80 or something like that) but I couldn’t get it to work without making a 365 day month with a name like “.” or “-”. While having the example date as 2024.080 would have been somewhat acceptable, I couldn’t get it to do that either, as it insisted on inserting spaces on either side of the period.

Allowing us to have more freedom on how a date is displayed would solve both of our problems rather easily. Since Aeon already seems to be using something very similar to Excel’s date formatting notation, giving us freedom to just type that in seems like it should be pretty simple.