Anniversaries continuing after end date

I realized that you can just check off a box under your characters to have their birthdays marked on the timeline- awesome! But if they die, the marks stop after their death. On one hand that’s understandable, they aren’t there anymore, but I would still like a reminder that that day was important for the other characters who now have to, say, deal with the anniversary of someone’s birthday now that they’re gone. Or, if it’s an important figure, the day turning into a holiday.

Just a small ‘continue after enddate’ check would be nice.

And similarly if an event is ‘Ongoing’ the anniversary marker doesn’t show up unless I move the ‘Now’ date to something off in the future. I use a fantasy calendar that spans thousands of years, so it’s quite annoying to have to change that as well.

1 Like

Hey - I think I might have stumbled upon that “continue after end date” check-box …

Settings (gear icon, top right corner)
Click on data types button
Click edit button next to item types
In the list on the left - click on character
Options pop up on the right
Scroll down just a bit … underneath the birthday details there is a tick box to extended anniversary beyond end date.

I haven’t tested it myself – but I think this might be what you are looking for :slight_smile:

Rachel

2 Likes

Oh thank you so much! I didn’t even notice that- that’s perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

woot! you are so welcome!