Any way to sync a Scrivener folder that is not in the draft folder?

I’m syncing Aeon with a Scrivener project for a novel I’m writing. I have a lot of backstory content that I save in a Backstory folder that is separate from the Draft folder. I do not want that content inside the draft folder. Is there any way to have the Backstory folder sync with Aeon while also syncing the Draft folder?

if you are using the Fiction template or similar, currently there isn’t a way to sync your Backstory events with another folder in Scrivener.

This is based on the default settings for the Backstory item type.

It is possible to change this, however it will change where you can see your Backstory events.

If you open Sync Settings (the cog icon), then Data Types, the Edit, this will take you to Advanced Settings.

If you click on Backstory in the list on the left, and then look at the heading “Show In” on the right, in order to sync to a separate folder in Scrivener, both the “Chronological order” and “Narrative order” will need to be unticked. However this will mean that your backstory events will no longer be displayed in Spreadsheet View (but they will still be on the Timeline View).

If you still wish Backstory events to be Spreadsheet View, then unfortunately there currently isn’t a way to sync them with a separate folder in Scrivener.

1 Like

@Jess—thanks for such a clear reply, that’s super helpful! I believe you mean I should open “Settings” not “Sync Settings” since Syn Settings doesn’t have the Data Types tab.

Also, I see that Backstory is a built-in object. The folder I’m using isn’t actually called “Backstory” It’s “Backstories in Chrono Order.” Do I need to name the folder “Backstory” to do what you suggest, or can I use the folder as I’ve named it?

Yes I did mean Settings, sorry about that.

No, you don’t need to name the folder Backstory, I was just using that as an example. You should be able to name it what you want, as long as the settings are correct to sync.

1 Like