Calendar marks don't zoom

In TL2, Bookmarks both moved the timeline and zoomed to a time period. In TL3, Calendar Markers have replaced Bookmarks, but don’t zoom to the time period (used when setting the Calendar Marker) – at least I can’t get them to. Has this functionality been removed?

Also, if it has been removed: how do you save time period presets?

(Zoom to Fit also appears to have been removed!)

That is correct, Calendar marks don’t zoom to the time period (only scroll), but it is something we will look at considering adding in the future.
By time period presets, do you mean a way to open the timeline view to a set period?

By time period presets, do you mean a way to open the timeline view to a set period?

No. If you take TL2 bookmarks as an example, when you click the bookmark, the timeline moves to the appropriate location/time and zooms to the same level as when the bookmark was saved.

It’s (another) esential feature for me to use the timeline. I use it all the time for back stories, projects, and historical research.

Currently there is no way to do this, it would be something we would consider adding into the Calendar Marker system.