Cannot open timeline in any view

Mac running 10.13.6
Aeon version 3.2.18
Shell 3.2.18

I have three timelines and two of them are working fine, but the third, which is the main one and contains a huge amount of essential information, I cannot open in any view.

When I try to do so I get a message saying ‘Oops something has gone wrong’ and the action cannot be performed. I have gone into backups both in the app itself and my own external backups but the same thing happens with everything I try. It was working fine yesterday. I haven’t changed anything.

HELP!!!

Weirdly, I can open the timeline on my Mac laptop and also on my iPad. I thought it must therefore be some sort of problem with the copy on my desktop Mac so I just uninstalled it altogether, and then downloaded and installed it again, and it still will not open this particular timeline in any view. I’m now totally out of ideas.

I am having this same issue with my most important timeline (a multi series timeline) as well. But I’m on a Windows machine, not a Mac.

To make it even more frustrating, the error, which reads the same as OP’s, takes over the entire Aeon window, making everything else disappear, including the top bar where the minimize and close buttons are. I have to close the program via the task bar left-click option or end the process in the task manager.

Here’s my bug report in the template:

Platform & OS Version

Windows 10 Home
OS Version: 22H2
OS Language Setting:

App Version

Aeon Timeline
Version: 3.2.20
Shell Version: 3.2.18
Opening Mode: about.editor
Operating System: Windows 10
Device Model: HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-cs200

Problem Description + Screenshots

After updating to version 3, when trying to open my multi-series timeline, I get an error which takes over the entire Aeon screen, causing my to have to force-close it. (see attached screenshot). Other files open fine, so far.

Steps to reproduce

Every time I try to open that one particular file, whether I am opening it from the Aeon Recent Files list, or using the Open… dialogue, or trying to open it directly from the folder where it lives, it causes this error.

Answer the following questions, if possible:

• Are you able to reproduce this bug reliably? Yes, every time.
  • Can you make this bug happen with a clean timeline file? No, it seems specific to this one file.
  • Does it only happen with a specific timeline file? Yes, so far.

Any relevant files?

I’m attaching a screenshot here and will be sending the file via email.