Correct icons showing up on Timeline view?

Hello my fabulous fellow timeline-ers!

Quick question – is it possible to have other icons besides the diamond show up on the timeline? I have a ton of flashback and fast-forward events in my novel series – they have the right icon everywhere except the timeline – everything shows up as a diamond.

Having the right icon show in timeline view would be SO helpful — has anyone figured this out? Searched the forum and someone requested this a couple years ago, but didn’t see anything else on it.

Thank you times bajillions!
Rachel :slight_smile:

No this isn’t currently possible.

The diamond shape is used because it naturally stretches out when zooming in on the timeline, as it is used to indicate the start and end of an event. The diamond appears when the event is too small to show the time period on the current zoom level (eg. an event with 0 duration).

One suggestion would be if you are not using them for any other reason, you could potentially use colours to indicate different event types on your timeline.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Jess! That makes sense about the stretching.

I am using colors to note which book of the series events appear in … so I decided to make use of the tagging option and also added FB or FS to the front of event titles for the flashbacks and foreshadowings.

Thanks again for the response. Loving this software soooo much – these little work-arounds are no biggie :sunny:

1 Like