Date constraint to force a weekday?

Hi - I have an EventB that should be at least one week after eventA, but must occur on a weekday (M-F). At first I had only the first constraint (linking A and B) but then I noticed it had landed on a Saturday. I added the weekday constraint, expecting this to fix things by moving the event start forward to the next Monday. This is what project planning software would do, and it’s the behavior I want to build my novel timeline from start to finish. However, all Aeon does is note that the constraint is violated. Even worse, when I select “Resolve” on the violated constraint, the only option is “Remove Constraint”. Why isn’t moving the date an option?

2 Likes

Automatic constraints on weekdays isn’t something that currently has been implemented in the constraints system, which is why removing the constraint is the only option in the list. It is something that we plan to look at adding in the future.

Is this feature still in the works?

I’m exploring using Aeon Timeline for project management for my team. It would be very helpful here to ignore weekends to make it easier to calculate how many work days to allot to a task or project.

Two reasons why you should use another software for project management…

• No personal calendar for your employees, so you can’t add freedays/weekends of/vacations to calculate actual project work time.
    and it is no calendar for objects, so you cannot calculate any machinery etc. into your work timeline, e.g., maintenance etc.

• Constraint doesn’t work for resolving real world scenarios at all.

You should try GantProject, OpenProject or similar software… both of this is open source and free…