Export to web gone?

I literally just joined the forum to add a small :heart: to your reply :blush: !
(Even though, I’ve been exploring the community for some time)

This is awesome news :grin: !

2 Likes

Still no export to web functionality, and now most users need to pay extra to get that functionality…

But that may have been your plan all the time?
To force everyone that upgraded from Aeon 2 that had this functionality to have to wait a year, to renew their subscription.

And the few “updates” you actually did the last year are not worth the price at all.
For large timelines there are still no real export functionality that are useful, it’s still not possible to export a larger timeline to pdf with a scale of weeks and days…

You still use an aged PDF version with artificial dimension limits instead of changing the PDF library you use for the export, when the only thing you actually had to do was to make a “save to SVG”, so that people could have imported it into a PDF or other formats needed.
and the “save to SVG” could easily also have been used for web presentation, and if people needed some dynamics, they could at least have a way of making an interactive SVG for the web or to send to people.

But instead, people WILL BE FORCED TO PAY FOR ANOTHER YEAR to have this functionality, or to wish for an export format that can be imported into another software.

3 Likes

I just want to add my name to the petition: one of the main reasons I started using Aeon was for SHARING my timelines. I didn’t realize it was gone in AT3 until after I promised a product to my veterans’ group that I now know I can’t deliver.

Without some form of web or viewer export, the product is crippled.

1 Like

Have you seen the export to image/PDF function? I understand it’s not what you want. It might be a stopgap for you.

When the web features are rolled out, I hope Aeon remains an offline-usable product, and I desperately hope the existing import/export features are retained.

I routinely extract timelines from Devonthink and OmniOutliner. No programming required, no translation or adjustment of the data needed for Aeon to import. I’d hate to lose that!

The image and PDF export are crippled as well, they use an old pdf standard, so it has an arbitrary dimension limit.

1 Like

So, currently, is there no true web export of timelines in the current version? I’m considering purchasing but this is a hard-and-fast requirement for me.

1 Like

No, there is no web export.
And I don’t think you shall hold your breath waiting for it.

2 Likes

Hello. Is there a clearer date as to when web export will be reintroduced? Still waiting. Thanks

2 Likes

I stopped using it because of this, best hope is for alternative s/w. Too bad as it was a great option

3 Likes

I’m in the dark, too, but I “think” this is going to be in the new product which–and I may be mistaken–will be web-based. And no, I don’t think anyone except the developers have a clue as to the launch date.

1 Like

If I can’t use a product without the cloud, I look for other solutions. Not trying to be grumpy. I only use products that can fully function without the cloud.

5 Likes

Agree 100%, just can’t put the time into something without any certainty (not to mention control/security). It’s a real shame because I’d pay more, but pulling export to web as a returning feature killed the product for me. I only check in on the forums to see if there’s alternatives or any change in direction.

1 Like

Dropbox is a fine company with great concern for user privacy and security. I do not wish to discourage anyone from using them - but even the best can have boo-boos.

In June of 2011, the company pushed out a code update that caused passwords to go un-checked. For four hours, any Dropbox account would open with any password.

That risk isn’t even the real issue for me, though. It kills my creativity to think someone might read something not ready for release.

User data gets seen by system administrators even when they do not wish to pry.

For instance, an email in a mail server queue is hanging the system because of something malformed. Admins are either going to find the problem and eliminate it or nobody’s email will run.

Privacy is an incorrect assumption. Use end-to-end encryption when you can.