How to add multiple participants/observers in custom metadata in Scrivener?

I’m trying to add multiple participants/observers/story arcs in each scene in my custom metadata in Scrivener, and for some reason I’m stuck with a single line text entry instead of being able to add more than one item. I’ve made this work once before, but cannot for the life of me figure out what’s different between what I did then and what I’ve done now.

On the Aeon side, I thought it was that I’d added “Observer” and “Participant” under Timeline Settings > Data Types > Properties and then set them to “multi-line text” on the one that works, but…in fact, I haven’t added those at all on the one that works, so that’s not it.

On the Scrivener side, all the custom metadata fields are set to text.

So there’s obviously a setting somewhere I’ve messed up, but if anybody could point me to what that setting is, I would be eternally grateful.

(fiction, novel writing template, using a Mac if that makes a difference)

To add multiple participants/observers etc. in Scrivener custom metadata, you need to have them each on a new line in the text field.

You can do this on Mac by using Ctrl + Enter to start a new line when typing in the field.

If this does not work, you need to check that the “Word Wrap” option is ticked for that custom metadata type. You can do this by going to the custom metadata settings in Scrivener.

1 Like

oh. Indeed, as it turns out, I figured out how to do this originally on a Windows machine, so it’s a different command sequence, which I had no idea of. Great, thank you for the explanation. It works now. :eyes: