How to create/sync an event without assigning a Color?

I’m on a Windows 10 and trying to sync my existing Scrivener 3 project with Aeon Timeline 3. I created a custom label in Scrivener titled “Permanent” to identify all set-in-stone events as Green. The rest of my events have no color so that I can still move them around to visually assess relative placement in time to each other until I have the dates set in stone. I use other colors/labels to mean other things, so I specifically want NO LABEL/COLOR to be used for my events that are still unknown.

The problem is, when I sync to Aeon Timeline 3, it automatically assigns the color yellow, and there is no way to simply have no label/color. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

Hi!

View → Show settings → Data Types → Event → Edit → Default Item Color → No Label

1 Like

I must be missing something-- I would LOVE to have events have no color assigned, but when I go to

There is no option to select “No Label.” Only the colors that have already been defined in Aeon. Could you clarify how you get this to show up? Thank you!

Edit: somehow I was able to force it to “none” by making and assigning a color called “no label,” and then deleting the color. After that, all the elements that had been assigned “no label” now show “none” as the default label color, which I presume will be no color. Would be nice if “none” just showed up automatically as an option…

There currently isn’t a way to have events have no colour, so I’m not sure how you were able to get the “none” option to display after removing your created colour (when I did what you said, mine just changed to “Custom”, so it kept the colour I had chosen, but it didn’t have a name anymore to assign it to). Just letting you know since it isn’t intentional in the program, it might not work exactly the way you want it to.

The only other thing I can suggest is to create a colour that is similar to the background colour, which will then look like it won’t have one. Of course this won’t help if you want to change the Appearance Skin to something different, and not all background colours will have a matching option to choose from.

1 Like