Platform & OS Version

Platform: Mac
OS Version: 12.6
OS Language Setting: English

App Version

Version: 3.1.8
Application Shell: 3.1.6

Problem Description + Screenshots

Although I’ve set dates of birth for my main characters and these are shown correctly in the Inspector, only one character’s age is shown in Relationship view. I’m pretty sure ages were shown in Timeline 2, but there’s no mention of them in the online help for Timeline 3, or any apparent way to turn them on or off.

Steps to reproduce

Create a new file, add a couple of characters and set their dates of birth, then add events and make them participants or observers. No ages are shown in Relationship view.

Any relevant files?

My timeline file is rather large (I think it contains character images synced from Scrivener) but I can share it via, say, Dropbox or Google Drive if required.

The only time that ages are not shown in the Relationship View is if the person has died before the event occurs.

If this is not the case for you, then there may be a bug that your specific timeline has shown up. If you can email us at support@timeline.app and share the link for your timeline file, this will be helpful for us in working out what the issue is.

Thanks for sending through your timeline file, I have passed it onto our developers to look at.