Is it possible to merge two story arcs?

Now that I have my sync up and running properly, I have another problem. Of course. :slight_smile:

I’m porting several books from the same universe into one timeline. This is, overall, clearly going to work (and i am SO GRATEFUL for the help in getting it there!), but there is a problem of recurring characters: syncing a new file with the timeline appears to create new story arcs for them.

The ideal solution for me would be to just be able to merge the two arcs, but there doesn’t appear to be a right-click-merge sort of option.

Is there a way to merge story arcs?

Again, thank you SO much!

-Catie

No, there currently isn’t a way to merge two items like story arcs together.

From what I gather you are syncing multiple Scrivener projects to one timeline file? Is that just to import all the information into the one file, or do you intend to keep wanting to sync back and forth?
If it is the latter, you might come across problems as the app isn’t designed to sync to more than one file at a time.
When changing between Scrivener projects for syncing it will not remember the links between documents and events, and therefore either result in lots of duplication, or you would have to manually link everything each time.

It’s just to import it all into one file. The lead character has an arc across a bunch of books, and once I’ve got the older stuff into the timeline, it won’t be touched again as far as Scrivener is concerned, so I was hoping I could just smash all the arc stuff into one, er, arc, without having to manually set it. It’s more of a bother going forward than backward, really, but otoh, it doesn’t duplicate the actual characters, which may be more important.

Still, it’d be nice to smash the arcs together. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response, though! Now I know what I can’t do. :slight_smile: