Item types. Any example?

Hello everybody,

I know the old saying “make Aeon your own”, but I’m just curious… How you people use different item types in Aeon?

I mean, let’s take the fiction template, for example. It’s supereasy to figure out how you would use an “Event” item, but… Backstory? Flashback?

On this forum I read that somebody is using items named “History” or “Myth”… I’m really curious how are you organizing things, guys.

I just keep adding Events to my timeline and now I’ve reached a point where I question myself: maybe I could have done it better?

Thanks to anyone who take time to answer.

Cheers,

Matt

1 Like

I’m new here so take this with a grain of salt. I would use backstory to indicate that a “scene” in a book is a backstory-type scene. Then I can filter to only look at backstory scenes. Is all the backstory at the beginning of the book? (boring) Do I tell the same backstory more than once (I got it already!) Or, worse, is my backstory inconsistent? (bad, bad, bad)

Even if you’ve added events already, there is no reason you can’t go back and edit what you’ve got. I’m adding a data type called clue to some of my scenes. Not I can see where I’ve dropped clues in and make sure my sleuth thinks about them later.

I do think there is a risk that you add too much and then you spend all of your time polishing the timeline and not working on the project. I guess that’s what they mean by making it your own – what do you need to analyze, review, doublecheck?

As an example, my book is first person. The hero is in every scene. What value do I get from associating her character to every scene?

Hope you are still having fun with it all.

Cheers,
E!

1 Like