Mind Map Suggestions

Hello, recently I decided to use the mindmap view to map out the hierarchy of entities in the story I’m writing. While I understand what is going on, I found that it can get pretty confusing

In this case, the Altre are at the bottom of the Hierarchy because story reasons. They were created by Quinmeth and they created the Astrals.

Their creation is higher up the hierarchy since it’s clumped together with the other two entities that is colored coded with them. However without an arrow, it hard to tell which is which.

Here I added an arrow (drawing on top of it) and could see which direction the relationship goes into

Would be nice to have this as an actual option in the app. Unless there is an actual way to do this that I missed, is there?

I’m going to add this on here as well so I don’t clutter the forum

There is also a bit of an oddity with how it deals with overlapping stuff

In the first one. The creation relationship and the relates to relationships overlaps.

In some cases that I didn’t take a screenshot of, this can get confused when it passes a box when something above it has a relationship but it looks like it’s relationship ends with the box in between the two entities instead of the one below it

In this one, I wish there was the option to just to prevent situations like this. Where the label overlaps the box.

I was able to make a more clearer mind map after a few changes in arrangements however I think being able to manually adjust the lines and where the labels go could help prevent situations like this and make the mind map more flexible

No there currently is no way to add arrows to MindMap, however it is something we have on our list to look at adding in the future.
In terms of the overlapping labels and boxes, there are some issues that we are aware of and have created a ticket to look into them.

1 Like

Thank you very much, in another forum I’ve opened. Someone pointed me into the feedback page and I casted my votes.

I’m excited to see those arrows, hopefully this is sometime in the near future. For now, I’ve just draw over them haha.

I suspect that they aren’t supposed to overlap?

Though I think it would be nice to be able to adjust how the lines are connecting in the mindmap. It gets really messy with how straight every line is. Is there anything planned for how stuff connects?

1 Like

We will consider looking at the ability to adjust how the lines are connecting, however there will be limitations on this, as we won’t be looking to make full graphical software.

1 Like

Arrows are the big deal also in my legal practice visualisation

Bit pointless having the mindmap option then surely? Its not actually a mind map?

I think just having the option to have the lines turn around boxes rather than move straight through them would be nice as well. Because with bigger mind map, it gets very confusing to see the relationships between the entities at a distance.

Something like this would be nice, even if it’s automatic and could help. Though I’m not sure how easy it would be the apply but seeing something like this would be nice

Happy to hear you are working on this though!

3 Likes