More Indentation Levels for Nested Items in the Side Menu, Spreadsheet, etc

As it is (at least as far as I can tell), indentation for nested items only goes seven levels deep (six levels after the first parent). This means that anything after level seven is listed at the same indentation as its parent.

This can get incredibly confusing, so what I’m asking for is the ability to have increased levels of indentation, like maybe up to 15?

You can see it in the side menu here:

And in spreadsheet view here:

This was a design decision based on the typical width of a screen. Are you able to share any details about how you are using nesting? This would help us plan accordingly in the future.

For example, in a sci-fi universe I’m working on, I have all of my locations nested just to make it easier for me to keep track of it all.
The following is an example of the maximum depth of precision I have used, with each level corresponding to the symbols in the images I attached to the original post above.

L1. Galactic Region
	L2. Sector
		L3. Subsector
			L4. Star System
				L5. Planet
					L6. Continent
						L7. City
							L8. City District
								L9. Neighborhood
									L10. Shop, Building, Etc.
										L11. Specific Location (like a particular apartment in a building)

I hope that makes sense.
This would also kind of intersect with what @Keith was asking about here: Data Inheritance - #3 by Keith. Or at least intersect with the nesting idea I presented there, as if there was some way for nested locations to pull their parents into location data for events, that would be super useful!

1 Like