Platform: Mac
OS Version: Mac OS X 14.0.0
OS Language Setting: English

App Version

Version: Aeon Timeline
Version: 3.3.8
Shell Version: 3.3.8

Problem Description + Screenshots

Provide a detailed description of the bug that you encountered. Please include any screenshots that are relevant.

I renewed my upgrades after some absence for the ability to sort entities. Since upgrading, for the first time in five years, Aeon has been plagued with issues.

• Incredibly slow loading when changing views - up to 5 minutes or sometimes more - pre-update these views loaded quickly
  • The larger wait times is with changing views, such as from spreadsheet to subway, etc, but there is slow response/no response when trying to open/close panels as well
  • The lag is consistent. Nothing works anymore in an acceptable time frame.
  • Loss of 306 line items for events from the spreadsheet, making the amount an even 5,000 points
  • Some entries are now in Cyrillic
  • When using Subway (once it finally loads) some entities are spuriously missing that were selected
  • Closing and opening Aeon does not change this
  • Reinstalling Aeon fresh does not change this
  • If I could, I would reinstall my previous version and deal with sorting in a spreadsheet, remove duplicates and re-import that spreadsheet…

Steps to reproduce

Provide step-by-step instructions to recreate the bug
-Open a 5,306 item timeline
-Try to navigate said timelines in different views

• The lag seems proportionate to the rows in the timeline spreadsheet - I have ones half the size that also significantly lag

Answer the following questions, if possible:

• Are you able to reproduce this bug reliably?
    -Without fail
  • Can you make this bug happen with a clean timeline file?
    -Yes
  • Does it only happen with a specific timeline file?
    -Does not seem to be the case, although smaller files (less than 100 points) begin to lag more with use and this is rather quickly

Any relevant files?

Sorry you have had these problems with the latest update. I have passed them onto the developers to look into, and replied to your email with a request for more information to help us work out what the issue is.

To clarify the record, the Cyrillic mystery was tainted data on my end. It was not an Aeon issue. Somehow these entries were sorted to the top of the spreadsheet vs items without a date that I was fixing. I have not looked into why or how these were sorted, but it seems to be on my end.

The other issue remain the same…

Issues with Navigation Page and Timeline View Event Sync

PC
Version: Aeon Timeline
Version: 3.3.8
Shell Version: 3.3.8

When I press the delete key on an event in my navigation outline, it deletes the event in the timeline. I have to click on Item + Remove from View, in order to delete the event in my navigation page while not deleting the item in my timeline. the shortcut key for the Remove from View button is the Delete key, but it doesn’t seem to work. It deletes the event in my navigation and in my timeline. In the timeline, it doesn’t delete fully. It makes the event blank by erasing all the info in that event. Hopefully, the issue can be fixed in the next update. What I want is to press the delete key to delete an event in my navigation page, while not altering or erasing any information in the same event in my timeline view. Thank you!

Sorry you are having these problems with Aeon Timeline.

Are you able to answer a few more questions to help us work out what the issue is?

1. What operating system are you using?
  2. When you say that the delete key is not deleting the event fully on the timeline, but instead erasing all the info, are you able to give more details about what type of info this is that is being removed?