OS Version: Mac OS X 14.0.0
OS Language Setting: English
Version: Aeon Timeline
Shell Version: 3.3.8
Provide a detailed description of the bug that you encountered. Please include any screenshots that are relevant.
I renewed my upgrades after some absence for the ability to sort entities. Since upgrading, for the first time in five years, Aeon has been plagued with issues.
- Incredibly slow loading when changing views - up to 5 minutes or sometimes more - pre-update these views loaded quickly
- The larger wait times is with changing views, such as from spreadsheet to subway, etc, but there is slow response/no response when trying to open/close panels as well
- The lag is consistent. Nothing works anymore in an acceptable time frame.
- Loss of 306 line items for events from the spreadsheet, making the amount an even 5,000 points
- Some entries are now in Cyrillic
- When using Subway (once it finally loads) some entities are spuriously missing that were selected
- Closing and opening Aeon does not change this
- Reinstalling Aeon fresh does not change this
- If I could, I would reinstall my previous version and deal with sorting in a spreadsheet, remove duplicates and re-import that spreadsheet…
Provide step-by-step instructions to recreate the bug
-Open a 5,306 item timeline
-Try to navigate said timelines in different views
- The lag seems proportionate to the rows in the timeline spreadsheet - I have ones half the size that also significantly lag
Answer the following questions, if possible:
Are you able to reproduce this bug reliably?
Can you make this bug happen with a clean timeline file?
Does it only happen with a specific timeline file?
-Does not seem to be the case, although smaller files (less than 100 points) begin to lag more with use and this is rather quickly