Option to look at other data in spreadsheet view

It would be incredibly awesome to be able to look at other data types (and freely switch between which types you’re viewing) in spreadsheet view. For instance, having a spreadsheet view of just locations or characters would be an incredibly useful tool. Spreadsheet view is incredibly powerful for editing events in bulk and seeing certain data trends, and it would be even better if we could do the same for other data types as well!

2 Likes

I agree that it would great to manage and update other data types in the spreadsheet view.

Worth pointing out that you can have any data included if you check on the “Chronological Order (always)” option. But this seems to result in an anomaly in the way the spreadsheet line height is displayed.

In my example I have turned on the chronological order for my “Place” data type, but some rows are very high, presumably due to the number of venues allocated to them.

I did try that and experienced a similar result, unfortunately.

Additionally, in order to view only locations, I’d have to turn off the “Chronological Order (always)” option on everything else, which honestly isn’t worth the time it would take to constantly turn those on and off.

Additionally, in order to view only locations, I’d have to turn off the “Chronological Order (always)” option on everything else, which honestly isn’t worth the time it would take to constantly turn those on and off.

Not necessarily. You can use the filter functionality to limit the data type shown.

1 Like

Honestly, I didn’t realize that the filter function would work in the spreadsheet view… Oops.

1 Like

So, doing it as you suggested does essentially solve the problem, but it creates a new one: Spreadsheet view is now very slow. I’m not sure if this is due to the frankly massive amount of characters and locations that I have or what.

Which is very likely why not everything is included in there. I assume this is with everything included rather than filtering.

No. It happens even with filtering, strangely…
It may be that I just have more data in this particular file than Aeon is designed to handle. :woman_shrugging:

Ah thats a shame. - data volume is my biggest concern with what I am trying to do too. Shame there doesn’t seem to be any numbers published for max events etc.

1 Like