Producing outputs for use in my dissertation

Is it possible to produce outputs which can be embedded either in Scrivener or Word. For example I have a timeline which I want to present as a figure in my disertation. How can I achieve this? Any tips?

Many thanks

You can export to PDF or image.

The PDF is vector based so it can be opened and edited in free open source software like Inkscape or Krita.
If you don’t need to edit the timeline before adding it as a image to a word document, you can just export to image directly.

If you like to embed the timeline as an editable figure in word, I think you need to go the route of converting the pdf to svg, then open the svg in a software like draw.io, krita.org, inkscape.org and save/export it to vsdx or any other supported vector based figure format (I don’t remember the formats that can be used as editable figures in word, in scrivener I don’t think you can add editable figures at all, only images, but most image formats can be added as images)…

An alternative is to use LibreOffice and import/open the “PDF” from Aeon in Draw, embed that to a LibreOffice document… and so on…
I don’t know the exact workflow to get editable figures etc. in LibreOffice and if those later can be opened and edited in Word.

Scrivener use a RTF format so there is some limitations for graphic in that format.

Just be aware that there is some arbitrary limits on dimensions for the export to PDF/Images in Aeon, because of the aged PDF version used (read the whole topic, the sizing “thing” starts “down a bit”).
I have tried to get them to update to the latest PDF version, but the answer was really negative.

There has been some changes after this thread, but there is still arbitrary dimension limits for export of large timelines and subway diagrams.