Relationships View

Maybe this has been brought up before. But I would like to suggest to make the relationships view more flexible. While events are of course the main aspect of the app and timeline view naturally revolves around events, in relationships other constellations could be useful. I hope I didn’t just miss a setting for that, but it appears that the vertical rows can be only events, while all other types are displayed in the horizontal columns.
But it would be very useful to manage relationships between non-event like items. For example I’m setting up different organizations in different locations and participating people. So it would be great to have a grid with organizations in the vertical and persons in the horizontal where I could manage their relations.
A second request is collapsing parents in the columns of relationships view.

3 Likes

I would like to add my voice to this, and bring it to light again.
The Relationships View is still, as of March 2024, only inserting rows for items of types containing dates and marked as ‘chronological’. I believe a “Choose rows” filter selector similar to the “Choose columns” one would make a lot of sense, as relationships can be created between all types of items.

The only otherway to view all relationships between arbitrary non-event items is with a mindmap, but those can get very busy very fast, and the grid of the Relationships View would increase readability with dense networks that mindmaps fail to stay clear with.

Furthermore, I would like to extend consideration for this to the Spreadsheet View, which is a very convenient way to input/view properties of a lot of items at once, and would in the same fashion be useful with other types than ‘Chronological order items’

I too would like to raise my hand on this being added to the future functions list (if indeed it’s not already on there). The ability to more easily allocate relationships between non event type data would be very useful.

We’ve discussed this before, early on. I also would find this highly useful. It’s actually one of the remaining frustrations with the tool I have. It’s looking very good at this point, other than that.