Save command not working after field box change

Windows 10 Build 19043.1288
English (UK)

App Version

Version: 3.013
Application Shell: 3.0.12

Save menu command doesn’t work following a field edit, until after attempting to close the app.

Open a new or existing file.
Enter text into a summary field, either directly or by pasting. Choose save from the file menu or press Ctrl+s. Close the app. A save prompt appears. Choosing save does save the new content. Choosing no discards the new content. Choosing cancel and then choosing file/save again does then save the new content. The same thing seems to happen with some other fields, though not the tag field. This started happening after the most recent update.

• Are you able to reproduce this bug reliably? — Yes
  • Can you make this bug happen with a clean timeline file? — Yes
  • Does it only happen with a specific timeline file? — No

EDIT: Sorry, since discovered, this only happens when you do the save command with the cursor still in the relevant field - i.e. the document only registers a field change after you’ve clicked outside the box and before you try to save. I think previously, there was a similar issue with text fields, but choosing save from the menu effectively counted as clicking outside the field, and that no longer seems to be the case.

Thanks for reporting this. We will add it to our list to look at, but it would require a substantial code restructure to fix, so it is unlikely we would prioritise it in the short term. We may have been able to fix this in Version 2, which may be what you remember, however this version works completely differently internally in that area. Just for now, you will have to click outside the text field before you save.

Okay thanks - I understand - a big fix can’t get done quickly. Fair enough, so long as it’s prioritised in some sense though, because as it is people could be one single misclick away from losing a lot of work.