Scrivener link doesn't open document

Hi, I’m trying to link an even to a specific document in a Scrivener project. However, when I follow the steps below, the link opens the Scrivener app (on my Macbook), but not the specific project or the document within the project. Any guidance is appreciated.
What I’m currently doing:

1. In Scrivener, with specific document selected, I right click and choose “Copy document link.”
  2. In Aeon, I open the inspector panel on an event, click on the link icon, then paste the link under “Files,” “Links.”
  3. When I click on the link in Aeon, it will open the Scrivener app but not the project/document. If the particular project is open in Scrivener, it still does not open the specified document.

Am I copying the wrong type of link in Scrivener? They start with “x-scrivener-item:///…”
If so, any advice on how to do it properly?

thanks.

When we have tested this, we found that Scrivener does open the linked document, but in a split screen with the currently selected document. This isn’t happening for you?
Unfortunately the behaviour of what happens when you open these links is a Scrivener/operating system thing, so we don’t have any control over it.