Scrivener sync from Scriv3 to Aeon2 and then Aeon3

Downloaded Aeon 2 to experiment with. Synced a test template I created in Scrivener 3.

From the binder I was able to drag and drop every instance of the template to the timeline wherever I liked in Aeon 2.

Downloaded trial for Aeon 3 and did the same procedure. No instances from the same template project from Scrivener can I drag and drop to the timeline in Aeon 3.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Apologies I forgot to add that I’m on a Macbook Pro, M1, Monterey.

Also if I gave a date range for an item from the binder it would then appear on the timeline, but of course I don’t want to do that for every item in the binder as my template is quite big. So much faster to drag and drop.

Thanks

No, you are not doing anything wrong, syncing to Scrivener works slightly different in Aeon Timeline 3 then it did in version 2.

In version 3, it will sync automatically all documents you have in a chosen folder (eg. your Draft folder) to your Narrative in the timeline (unless you have chosen to ignore them). Therefore the drag and drop onto the timeline from the sync binder is not available. However once you have synced all your items to your Narrative, you can instead create a split screen view in Aeon Timeline and then drag and drop the items from Narrative or Outline view to the Timeline view to assign them dates similarly to what you have done before with the sync binder.

Ok thanks for the reply. That one thing, that Aeon 2 could do, makes a purchase of Aeon 3 definitely not viable for me. I have projects in Scrivener that are quite large with many items. Not having the ability to simply drag and drop them individually on to the timeline is a major flaw in my view. It’s a shame because I think the rest of the software is good. I don’t understand the thinking behind taking something like this as a feature in V2 and remove in V3.

Looks like I’ll have to stick to Scrivener only.

Just to make sure here’s a screen capture of a binder from Scrivener that has a narrative heading and it has been synced. No ability to drag fro the left into the timeline. Correct?

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 08.46.14|615x500

Just trying to get around this. Is there a way to put a date on every single item in the binder as a batch to then get them all on to the timeline that I can then just move around? I don’t care it they’re all the same date as long as I retain their names.

There is information about this in the knowledge base:

Is Aeon 2 still available?

EDIT:
In your screenshot I see only folders. I don’t use Scrivener, but I think if there are events in the folders, you should be able to drag them into the timeline.

Thanks for the links. Doesn’t seem to solve the problem really. I think I’ll have to muck around with files structures in Scrivener to see if they migrate across and retain titles etc. It’s a pain and it’s putting me off buying Aeon to be honest. It’s so fruistrating that I could do it in version 2 so easily.

Ok I hadn’t tried the split view, not 2 timelines but timeline and narrative. Then you can drag the from the narrative window to the timeline in one go. Not particularly intuitive but it works.

Thanks all