See chronological events on a map (ie Google maps, or othewise)

Is it possible to add a geographical location to an event and then view the events on a map? It would be amazing to be able to view events on a map as they unfolded. The purpose is to be able to view historical events unfold over time and space simultaneously. There is a location tap in the inspector and I was thinking that perhaps coordinates could be inserted there?

I’m new here, so I imagine this topic has already been discussed somewhere. I didn’t see it. Thanks for your input.

Adding a geographical location to an event is easy. Basically, you have two choices:

1. If you have a limited set of locations, you can add a “coordinates” property to the location type, and specify all locations. Then link them to the events via relationships.
  2. If there are lots of different coordinates, you can optionally add the “coordinates” property directly to the event type, then give every event an individual set of coordinates.

So far the Aeon Timeline part. You can export a csv file containing a list of events with date/time and coordinates.
Next, you need a map software that is capable of importing and visualizing this data. Unfortunately, I don’t know much about that.

1 Like