Platform: Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 22H2
OS Build: 19045.4291
OS Language Setting: English

App Version

Version: 3.3.12
Application Shell: 3.3.12

Problem Description + Screenshots

When I click “Choose types to display on timeline,” the “Show types on timeline” menu is blank. It has a scroll bar, but is completely unpopulated.

Steps to reproduce

This happens every time I use this particular timeline file. It doesn’t happen on others or on new and clean files.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with the number of Item Types I have in this particular file – 53 total. Perhaps Aeon can’t handle that many?

On a potentially related note:

The “Relationship Fields” section of Item Types in the Advanced Settings has also started going a bit haywire. As far as I’m aware, this started at the same time as the above “Show Types” bug, and as they both deal with Item Types, I’m assuming they’re linked (most likely because I have more Item Types than were imagined during the program’s development).

Now, in this file, most relationships are considered “Events” regardless of whether or not they are tagged as “People” or “Locations” in the Category section.

As you can see, the People and Location areas have no available options. This does not occur on any other timeline file I have nor does it occur on a new timeline file. It’s only on this one file which has 53 Item Types.

This second issue isn’t as problematic as the first, which is why I included it as an addendum rather than a separate bug report.

Is it possible for you to send through your file to support@timeline.app ? Since it is only happening on one file, this will help us work out what the issue is.