Spreadsheet - Sorting Item Types

Hi Team,

User of AT2 discovering AT3 and all the exciting new stuff. The spreadsheet view is very handy, but it seems that not all columns are sortable.

The help Center says :

You can sort the Spreadsheet by any other column by clicking on that column in the Spreadsheet header. The down arrow will indicate which column is currently used for sorting.**

But this doesn’t seem to work for Item Types such as Location or Character. I wonder if it’s a bug on my end (Mac app) or a miss. Because it would definitely help for mass editing.

Thanks,

1 Like

We didn’t implement sorting by Location or Character as this becomes a bit more ambiguous since they can have multiple values, however it is something we will take on board as a feature request.

Hi Jess,

I understand that for columns that expect multiple items, there’s little value for sorting them. But, referring to my other topic here, this is another example where allowing the user to define if a list can have a single or multiple items selected would solve this.

Removing entirely the ability to sort based on the assumption that all Relationship Items can or will have multiple values is not doing a favor to items that have a single value. In my case, I have Observer, Location, Chapter #, Book #… that expect a single value. Not being able to sort them to mass edit, or fill the blanks is a bit unfortunate.

Thanks,

3 Likes