Stopgap alternative to web export

I want/need to be able to export an interactive timeline to share with others. I don’t think an image or PDF will be adequate. Web export worked, though it was lacking in some areas, but it doesn’t look like it will be back soon.

The best current alternative would be to distribute my timeline along with a read-only version of Aeon 3, but only if there was a way to lock the timeline so that someone who chose to pay for for the full version of Aeon couldn’t alter it. So, the necessities would be (1) a way to lock the file and (2) permission to distribute read-only copies of Aeon. Is that doable?

HI Paul,

Unfortunately no, there is no way to currently lock a file so that other paid users of Aeon Timeline cannot alter it. However this is something we might potentially look at implementing in the future, as it would be quicker for us to implement than a full web export.

Are you able to send us as an email at contact@timeline.app with more details about what kind of work you have been doing, how you have been sharing timelines and how you would be looking to distribute the application?

Jess