Structure in Scrivener

iI am using Aeon for the first time as a tool to plan and output to Scrivener. I understand how to create a structure, using narrative folders, but I wanted the Chapters to appear as folders in Scrivener. I always use Chapters as blank pages, and then break each chapter into scenes. However, when transferring to Scrivener I get folders for Narrative folders, but scene cards for chapters, with nested scenes below this.
Is there an easy way to break down into parts (top level folder), chapters(second level folder) and scenes?

Hi Rachel,

My setup is the same as you’ve described. In Aeon, you can nest folders by dragging them. So just create the folders you need and drag them until they are in the structure you want. When you sync to Scrivener, it will arrange them the same. Alternatively, though I haven’t tried this, you could set up the structure you want in Scrivener and then sync to Aeon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for this - I’m very new to using this, so apologies if I’m a bit dumb!. When you say just drag them, you mean in the narrative view?

I appreciate your response!

Another response - I’ve worked out how I need to do it. I need to nest Narrative folders within Narrative folders, and call the top level a PART and each subsequent level a CHAPTER - and then I can write the content in my scenes. I think this will work - but thank you for your help.

1 Like

Exactly right, Rachel. In my case, I’m writing a series. So, my Narrative folder structure is like this:

Narrative

Novel 1 title (folder)
    Chapter 1 title (folder with title only)
          Scenes
                 Subscenes
    Chapter 2 (etc)
    Chapter 3 (etc)

Novel 2 title (folder)
          Scenes
                 Subscenes
    Chapter 2 (etc)
    Chapter 3 (etc)

Novel 3 title (folder)
          Scenes
                 Subscenes
    Chapter 2 (etc)
    Chapter 3 (etc)

In my case, my novels don’t have parts, but if they did, I’d have folders for them, just as you said.

Perfect - thank you so much!