Sync AT 3.x to Ulysses (latest version)

Good morning!

Has anyone succeeded in syncing Aeon Timeline and Ulysses?

In the release notes to version 31 it says:

» * Integration with Aeon Timeline now includes support for projects and material sheets. macOS«

I tried that, but it does not work. I made a new AT file, saved ist an while setting up the sync I always end with a screen which tells me to contact support…

Thanks for feedback!

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I’m trialling AT 3.1.8 and it syncs really well for me with Ulysses and Scrivener. Sorry if I’m asking the obvious, but do you have Ulysses running at the same time as trying to sync?

Mark

Aeon Timeline
Version: 3.1.8
Shell Version: 3.1.6
Opening mode: Editor
Operating System: Mac OS X 13.4.1
Device Model: MacBookAir10,1

Hello, Mark!

Yes and no. If i use 3.1.18, it lets me define sync prefs, BUT - I can not choose my narrative folder: I am working with projects in Ulysses and it did not recognize the Projects - Part, so no way.

This is in the release notes of Ulysses 31:
» * Integration with Aeon Timeline now includes support for projects and material sheets. macOS«
I tested it with the beta of AT, and there I receive the mentioned error. I moved the discussion to the beta-forum.

Thanks for helping…

Wolfgang

Hey Wolfgang,

Here’s what I did in Ulysses.
Create a new Group. Inside the new group, create a folders for Characters, Manuscript and Locations.
In Aeon sync settings, set the mappings for the new folders you have created.

Press sync now - and then it worked for me.

Hope you can get it working
Mark

Hey, Mark!

Thanks for help.

Syncing with Ulysses works fine, until you start using projects in Ulysses. AT does not recognize folders, but with the latest version it should:

This is in the release notes of Ulysses 31:

This happens when I try to set up sync:
1.) Select Ulysses for syncing.
2.) Ulysses fires up, and the following dialog pops up.
3.) No step 3. Simply does not work.

Wolfgang

Ahh I see, sorry I can’t help Wolfgang :frowning: I think this is for support to look at