System requirements for Windows installs

Is there a published list of prerequisites to accommodate Timeline? A particular version of .Net or hardware?

Hi Andrew,
Not currently.

The application should work fine back to Windows 7, although it may require some additional Windows redistributables to be installed alongside our regular installer. For Windows 8 onwards, I would expect no problems.

We don’t use .NET, so there are no requirements in that regard.

If you have older hardware you are concerned about, the best bet would be to download and install the software as a free trial, and make sure everything runs smoothly for you before deciding whether to purchase.

If you encounter any issues, do let us know!

Matt

Thanks again. Matt.

I am one of those folks who use Linux and WINE to run Windows software. AT2 worked without any issues, but I had trouble with AT3, because it would crash every time it tried to save a file. I was troubleshooting an issue with AT3 crashing and wanted to determine where my configuration was messed up.

I look forward to exploring AT3 as I continue working on my writing projects.

Hi Andrew,
I know another user reported it working successfully on WINE, so I am not sure what the difference would be.

WINE remains one of those things we don’t officially support, the same as version 2… but we would be happy for users to share details with each other on how to make it work.

Matt