Team-Collaboration?

I’ll start by saying, I am absolutely blown away by Aeon, this software has changed our writing for the better. THANK YOU!

I am a co-author and would find it so valuable if collaboration was an option for my partner and I. I do see other posts about folks questioning payment and release cadence (that is not my intent, trust me, you have a life time customer).

I am simply curious if there is a public backlog (ie: Jira) which we can vote on features for the dev team?

Thank you!

I assume you mean separately from our feature request list page on our website here: Feature Requests | Aeon Timeline ?

No we don’t have a public backlog of feature requests that users could vote on.

So is there Team Collaboration or not? I’m looking for a way to have multiple people help me build my litigation timeline as it’s a lot of work. Not sure how to do it.

1 Like

I know you are most likely finished your work on that case… but I have found some creative ways to use A/T-3 for complicated litigation. The optimal use of digital timeline software for every step of litigation is mind blowing.
I am an artist, definitely visual simpleton, and don’t think like an attorney. The intricacies of case law, code, dates, case numbers, orders,… especially in a anti-trust and/or class action all that “wheel n spoke” branching out… of sometimes fabricated documents altered dates …omg … omg!! Even the best puzzler folks would run…
I have tried every reasonably user friendly and/or software that is iOS compatible to maximise “wait in line” time… .
I think with complicated litigation being visually swallowable (is that a word??) is import for the attorneys, judges, jury etc. to understand … but also having a timeline that (on its face) can digitally enhance a case to the point that it itself becomes a “smoking gun” of evidence. A vital tool in modern day litigation…

Thanks for the reply… but I’m not sure I understand what you just said. Sorry, not trying to sound rude, I just am not sure if you mean that you found a way to use team collaboration like I’m looking for. And I don’t know what your definition of import is other than the assumption of just working on timelines for each person one at a time. This isn’t what I’m really looking for.

So far I’ve found that I can take a bunch of timeline content from one timeline, copy it and then paste it into the master timeline and all the details should carry over as long as you have a complete baseline framework of everyone that’s involved so the links to specific people will carry over. I will need to double check it for any sort of meta-data connections get broken, but so far that’s the best I could come up with.

1 Like

I think (but I could be wrong) what you are wanting to have multiple people collaborating on the same timeline, is that correct?
If that is the case, all things being equal a mutual cloud and the 5 licences would work. The issue then is making sure you don’t work on a older version of your timeline… maybe some duplicating and renaming. So that the next person to pick it up to update knows “big combined one)
I think the merging is the tricky part. Maybe they all make their own and update at specific times ? So that different folks have their different area that they can copy & paste into the larger one…

If that was possible, but it definitely isn’t because it would have to be installed on a server to do it. Even then, I think that’s overkill.

I just want multiple people have an install of Aeon, and take their pieces and add to the timeline, save it, then I can open them up and just copy it all and paste it into my timeline as the master. Which I think I can do, but I’m wondering if there’s any sort of issues that carry over from doing this.

One issue to be aware of is that copy and pasting does not update items, but instead duplicates them. So if you copy and item to a master timeline, but then the original is updated with new information, it will instead copy across a duplicate item if you try to copy it again.