Template sharing options?

Hi,

I realise we are in the very early days of this forum and that we don’t even have the new version yet, so I may be jumping the gun here, but until we have a way of uploading templates to a potential repository, what would be the best way of sharing templates?

I’m intending to work on some basic fiction templates relatively soon; Three Act Structure, Hero’s Journey and perhaps a few others.

I’m sure there will be others who also want to post their exported templates.

Many thanks

Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
I have just enabled uploading template files with the aeontpl extension onto this forum, so you should be able to attach them here now.

Matt

2 Likes

Hi Matt,

That’s perfect. Thank you. Once they are ready, I will upload them here.

Hi, Matt
Where do AT save aeontpl files on my computer?

Hi Serabale,
The steps to sharing a custom template are:

1. Prepare the timeline file as you want it to appear in your template – including settings, and potentially items you wish to include;
  2. Choose File → Save As Template, and complete that dialog by giving your template a name and selecting which elements you want included in the template.
    • This will save the template file for your own use on your computer, but not in a place easily accessible
  3. To share the file with others, or to transfer it to another computer:
    a. Open Aeon Timeline → Preferences on Mac, or Tools → Options on Windows
    b. Click onto the Custom Templates tab
    c. Click Export next to the template you want to share
    d. A save dialog will then allow you to save the template file wherever you wish

I suspect you have already completed steps 1 and 2, so it may be only step 3 that you are after.

Matt

2 Likes

My step 3 was to launch seraching search aeontpl :rofl:

So, where are these aeontpl listed? How do we access them?