Timelines for living people

Hi I have entered dates for all my main characters, mainly because I want to see their birthdays on the timeline. I have changed the “For ongoing item calculations, override current date/time with:” to a date beyond the period my story is set in (so I can see the birthday markers), however I now get solid lines across my timeline for all my characters showing they are still alive. I need to get rid of these because I know can’t see the events without scrolling up and down on my laptop screen, which is really annoying. Is there anyway of just showing the birthdays without the block of arrow please?

Are you able to clarify what is it that you want removed? (perhaps showing a screenshot) Is it the vertical lines of the calendar markers that are displayed on the timeline view that you wish to remove ?(but keep the calendar marker icon at the top?)

Thanks Jess it’s the lines I have marked with a Red Cross below I want to get rid of - they all relate to different characters who are alive during the story timeline

(Attachment PastedGraphic-2.tiff is missing)

Anniversaries always show, you do not need to change the “today” date for ongoing events.

The long horizontal lines you are seeing are the characters lifespans stretching until the far-future “today” date that you set.

When putting your characters on the timeline, consider giving them a duration of 0 seconds, rather than “ongoing”, if what you want is their birth day, rather than their lifespan. That way, they’ll show as a diamond/circle/square, rather than a long rectangle.

If the end date is relevant to you, for any reason, but you do not like the events stretching on the timeline, then I am sorry but there is no way to have one without the other and only show the start date of events on the timeline.

here’s a screenshot to illustrate the anniversary markers working on a 0 seconds event:

Hi, are you able to post the screenshot again? It looks like it hasn’t come through. Otherwise, you can email it to support@timeline.app