Two scales of the same time

I write a fantasy book, where things are happening in the two realms: human realm and gods realm. Gods have different perception of time. One day in gods realm is, let’s say, 10 days in human realm.

I can put human events on the normal timeline. And somehow I want to have some other /10x scale, that would count the days in the gods realm. So that events in the gods realm would have even speed. Without that there is a risk, that sometimes human events will be perceived by gods slower, sometimes faster. I want to keep “scientific” precision of time speed ratio between two realms.

Any ideas, how it can be achieved? I don’t ask for a separate timeline. I just want to know in which god’s day some human event is happening to align gods events to that.

1 Like

A relatively simple solution is to set up your calendar so that you get 10-day units that can be represented as “god days”. Of course, this is at the expense of other date units.

For example, you could introduce ten days of the week so that the day of the gods appears as a week. Or months with ten days as a day of the gods, then you are free with the days of the week. Just try out what suits your story.

Edit:
Another option is to set a marker every ten days.
Or, if the time span in your story is limited, you could model the god’s days as events with 10-day duration.

2 Likes