View Custom Properties in Timeline

Is it possible to view custom properties (those we make ourself) in the timeline view in Aeon?

I.e. I have a Citation property where I copy the Citation String(s) from Zotero to easily be able to see what source I have used
(until I have found another workaround to add both citations and sources as unique items)

I also have a Description field for my items (Description in my world is not the same as a summary. so I don’t use the summary field for descriptions of items)…

Is this possible?
I only find a few default fields and the relationships created.

It’s not possible at the moment but has been discussed and I think it might be considered as a future feature.

I was afraid that was the answer…

Yes, I raised the feature request for this as I use properties extensively to track various narrative related elements. Not being able to see them in a number of different views, not just timeline view, is a huge hinderance for the system I have built. I use relationships a lot but properties give me a logical flow for tracking the various beats of a scene, a part and the global story. In a way that relationships could never provide.

Text properties could be the sticking point as @matt pointed out. They would potentially clutter the views. But I would still like to see the feature implemented. Maybe with a character limit for text or something similar.

1 Like

Yeh, and maybe a on hover “show whole property”…

It would also be useful if the relation label in the card was an internal link to that object/item, specially when two objects/items linked may be a few hundred years apart…

1 Like

A hover tooltip for truncated text is a genius idea. I’m sold on that one. And clickable card links also makes sense. Good thinking.

1 Like

Yes, these clickable items came up in two other posts as well. I was actually expecting them to exist already, because it seems so natural.